ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the lead of the Periscope development team, the Development Director leads daily operations of the department, as well as shaping the future of development executions at Periscope. We are looking for a smart, positive, creative leader who not only knows their stuff but is also a great person to hang out with everyday. Working with a talented and fun team of developers, QA’ers and creatives, you would devise brilliant ideas for our clients, as well as engineer their execution.
- You can talk to people about what developers do and how they do it, even if those other people don't write code.
- You understand how web and mobile work and how people work on mobile and the web.
- You are exploding with ideas and have a lot of technical knowledge.
- You have strong front-end and back-end chops.
- Always chosen first for kickball teams, you’re naturally collaborative and supportive.
- You’re constantly thinking of “what if?” scenarios, and providing top notch solutions.
ABOUT THE GIG:
- Day-to-day management of the development team, evaluating and improving upon current processes and workflow.
- Oversee the delivery of engaging, fun and gorgeous web and mobile things, leveraging both internal and external development resources.
- Collaborate seamlessly with other disciplines across all capabilities of Periscope’s fully integrated offering, advocating for the best technical solutions.
- Enable the team to achieve developmental and career goals through mentorship, learning opportunities and collaboration with other departments.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of programming experience.
- Experience leading a team of developers in a managerial role.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge and experience with related tech (browsers, native mobile apps, APIs) to make your work easy to interface with.
- iOS and Android development experience.